Anna Razumovskaya is best known for her classic, romantic figures that carry a sense of elegance and grace. They carry an aura associated with the Renaissance yet due to her signature expressive, dynamic technique they are refreshingly modern.
Anna is a graduate of the Russian State University For Arts, where she was awarded the distinction of high-class artist in 1991. Subsequently she studied art in Germany, Belgium and Holland. With solo exhibitions in New York, Paris, Toronto, Amsterdam, Antwerp and Berlin and numerous works in private collections across the globe, she has become one of the most exciting and collectable artists on the contemporary scene.
Born at the height of the Cold War, Anna was exposed to very different worlds. She experience the austere world of the communist regime alongside the sophisticated and feminine influence of her fashion-conscious mother. She excelled at art school, and enjoyed the freedom of learning and perfecting her technique in a variety of different media. Of particular interest to her were the portrait masters of the late 19th Century, John Singer Sargent, the Russian painter Valentin Serov, and earlier masters such as Peter Paul Rubens and Rembrandt. She traveled around Europe absorbing the influences of artists, and finally settled in Canada which she now feels to be her true home.
Anna’s eclectic mix of experiences has enabled her to create a truly unique signature style that resonates with those who share her passion for life. She is a great believer in art’s power to heal, transform and inspire others in their journey.
Looking at Anna Razumovskaya’s works you always getting a feeling of artist sole tension behind the painting… “romanticism” is the word to describe Anna’s works…interlacing of a quiet tones with the bright color impact at the end is the trade mark of the artist…abstract elements is the big aspect of every artwork and, in a combination with the sensual dynamics, creates an unforgettable experience for the viewer.
“…If an artist were asked what he was thinking of while creating his work, he would hardly give a reasonable answer to that question. This process can not be analyzed. It is like a miracle.
You are just drawing and that is all… simply not thinking of anything definite. The moment you start thinking… and that’s it- unnecessary stroke, unnecessary detail. God knows how it all happens. Pleasure, passion, joy here are characteristics of this process.”
“Quickly, easily, brightly: this is the way I draw, the same way I live. My art is a reflection of my life, a reflection of myself…”
– Graduated from Russian State University (Rostov-on-Don) M.F.A. Fine Arts in 1991
– From 1992 to 1995 studied art in Germany, Belgium and Holland.
Anna Had personal exhibitions in New York, Paris, Toronto, Amsterdam, Antwerp and Berlin. There are many of Anna’s works in private collections in the USA, Canada, Austria, Holland, France, UK and Australia.
– April 2014 – Art Expo, New York (USA)
– July 2014 – personal exhibition on board of “Queen Mary II” cruise ship (Halifax-Canada to New York-USA)
– December 2013 – Spectrum Miami
– October 2013 – 10 days personal exhibitions tour through 9 galleries in UK
– August 2013 – Gallery D’May, Cape May (USA)
– May 2013 – Wind Fine Art Gallery, Dayton (USA)
– April 2013 – Art Expo, Toronto (Canada)
– March 2013 – Art Expo, New York (USA)
– December 2012 – personal exhibition on board of “Queen Victoria” cruise ship (Malaga-Spain to Southampton-UK)
– December 2012 – Red Dot Art Fair, Miami (USA)
– December 2012 – Art Expo, Miami (USA)
– November 2012 – Bronze Frog Gallery, Oakville (Canada)
– October 2012 – personal exhibition on board of “Queen Mary II” cruise ship (Southampton-UK to New York-USA)
– September 2012 – 2 weeks personal exhibitions tour through 13 galleries in UK
– April 2012 – Art Expo, Toronto (Canada)
– March 2012 – Art Expo, New York (USA)
– January 2012 – Los Angeles Art Show (USA)
– December 2011 – Red Dot Art Fair, Miami (USA)
– November 2011 – Bronze Frog Gallery, Oakville (Canada)
– September 2011 – 2 weeks personal exhibitions tour through 14 galleries in UK
– March 2011 – Art Expo, New York (USA)
– November 2010 – Bronze Frog Gallery, Oakville (Canada)
– March 2010 – Art Expo, New York (USA)
– February 2010 – Ambiente, Frankfurt (Germany)
– September 2009 – Alberta Ballet, Calgary (Canada)
– September 2009 – Autumn Fair, Birmingham (UK)
– March 2009 – ArtExpo, New York (USA)
– February 2009 – Bronze Frog Gallery, Oakville (Canada)
– September 2008 – ArtExpo, Las Vegas (USA)
– September 2008 –Winspear Centre, Edmonton(Canada)
– March 2008 – ArtExpo, New York (USA)
– September 2007 – ArtExpo, Las Vegas (USA)
– March 2007 – ArtExpo, New York (USA)
– September 2006 – ArtExpo, Atlanta (USA)
– March 2006 – ArtExpo, New York (USA)
– May 2006 – Wind Fine Art Gallery, Dayton (USA)
– September 2005 – ArtExpo, Atlanta (USA)
– March 2005 – ArtExpo, New York (USA)